I say we keep moving this series right a long with another fantastic streamer, who is also in another country just like the prior two. Amazing guys all three! And now on to the next streamer.
- What is your Twitch name? Hey Lacey. I’m Tom but you knew that already. My twitch name is SubtractionHD. Pretty cool, huh?
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? I chose the name because one of my favorite songs of all time is Subtraction by Coheed & Cambria. And the HD? Well, Subtraction was taken…
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? I became a Twitch streamer because I was given the chance, really. In England, I gave it a try once but I didn’t have the time, freedom, or internet to give it a proper try. But moving to Sweden was a saving grace, it gave me a chance to actually follow my dream since I’m finally in an environment that allows me to give it a shot.
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? I’m not an affiliate yet, unfortunately, because I’m waiting for tax information and the office isn’t open during the summer. Bummer, right?
- How long have you been a streamer? I’ve been a streamer for just over a year. Although I’d say I’ve only been doing it properly for the last 11 months or so.
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? I only stream because see question 4. Double bummer. 🙁
- What are your favorite games to play? I love to play Raiders of the Broken Planet which is open every weekend and I just love the experience.
- What are your favorite games to stream? I like to stream Overwatch but only competitive, and only when the games go well. Other than that, I tend to just stream whatever I’m playing at the time. It makes the transition from recreational gaming to streaming so much easier.
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? Sign up for Raiders beta, for reasons above. Buy Get Even on Stream; one of the best story-driven games I’ve ever played. And Wildcard? Uh, Aim Hero to git gud at FPS games.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? Oh my god yes! When I first started streaming, all I cared about was numbers. I’d watch the viewer list instead of the chat. I’d stress out if I didn’t have anyone watching 30 minutes into the stream. I worked myself into a self-destructive frenzy and it was terrible. But after a while I started streaming what I wanted to play and I don’t really watch the numbers anymore. My last follower milestone was reached two days before I noticed, hah!
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? First of all, your readers have a wonderful taste in bloggers, Secondly, I stream every night except Sunday at 9 pm CEST. On Saturday, we have a big gathering called the ‘Tea Stream’ where we all bring beverages and cakes, stuff like that. Then we share pictures in the stream discord. It’s great and I feel like the community is really fitting together well. Also, check out the other Oxymoron Streamers. They’re far too entertaining, it makes me feel inadequate.
As a frequent viewer to Sub’s streams, he is not inadequate and he is a lot of fun to watch. Go see him at twitch.tv/subtractionhd.