Never give up on what you want to do. None of these streamers have done that and they continue to strive to make their streams more them, fun for their followers and viewers, and play so many exciting games.
- What is your Twitch name? JDubeous
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? My nickname has been “JDub” since I was in college. Combine that with the fact that I’m a huge fan of “The Matrix” and all its characters, including Morpheus, all of that combines to give you….. JDubeous
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? I’ve loved video games for as long as I remember. Going back as far to the original NES, and even Atari before that. At heart, I’ve always wanted to be an entertainer of some sort, or at least be in the “life” somewhat. Plus, I really enjoy meeting new like-minded individuals. Streaming scratches that itch of all of those things. There are many that get into streaming just for the potential money side of things. Don’t get me wrong, that would be beyond awesome if that situation would arise, but I rather connect with others and just simply have a drama-free time while gaming.
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? Well, there are not that many streaming sites to begin with. But when it comes to game streaming, Twitch is definitely where it’s at. I’ve tried out other sites just to see how their features operate, but I’ve always liked Twitch overall. Since the company was acquired by Amazon, they’ve been trying to add more and more features that its users have been asking for. This makes me want to continue to stay on the site because they are actually listening somewhat.
- How long have you been a streamer? I’ve been a streamer on and off for a few years now. At first, I never really took it too seriously, mainly because I didn’t have the right equipment to give a good stream in my opinion. Because of this, I would always stream for a few months, then come back and do it again. This time around I’m trying to take it more serious, and I definitely have the right equipment to do so. I started streaming seriously about a year ago, so let’s go with that 🙂
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? During the day I work as a Digital Marketing Manager. Basically, I work on designing websites and the online marketing for said websites.
- What are your favorite games to play? I like any type of game that has action and adventure to it. The way I look at games is that they are playable movies. What I mean by that is having a great game, with a really immerse storyline, it makes one feel as though they themselves are within the story/game. Video games are meant to be an escape of sorts from your everyday life. Any game that allows that, I love them.
- What are your favorite games to stream? See above 😉
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? Max Payne 3 because of the great bullet time action along with a great story/soundtrack. Likewise, GTA V has amazing graphics, storyline, and fantastic online experience. Left 4 Dead for amazing co-op fun.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? Yes, it definitely was. It’s almost like getting up and giving a speech in front of a huge audience. It does take a little bit of time, maybe a few months, to get used to it all. But that’s mainly because you’re trying so hard to not be a bad streamer, instead of focusing on just having fun. Once you get past that and just have fun with it all, it’s all easy from there.
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? If you’re looking for a way to become more comfortable talking to groups of people or get flustered during important conversations, streaming could possibly help you overcome that fear. The welcoming personality you see on my stream now, is definitely not who I was when I first started years ago. But even with that said, I’m still learning, and still trying to make myself a better streamer each day. If you want to come by, chill, and just have a relaxing time watching gameplay, you should definitely stop by my stream sometime. 🙂
Sound like a guy you would like to meet? Trust me, you want to meet him. Come to his channel twitch.tv/jdubeous. We can all laugh with him together when he cracks jokes and everything during his stream.