Creating a name for yourself as a streamer is always fun, whether it is a nickname from childhood, an imaginary friend’s name, a play on words, or an object or item that you really love and want to make a name. It’s always fun seeing streamers and their names as well as to why they chose those names and why they do what they do.
- What is your Twitch name? My Twitch name is N0me_. I attempted to get the name Nome, but anything remotely unique tends to already be taken.
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? The first person I ever made friends with online was a guy called Nomad. He showed me Team Fortress 2, which pretty much set off my love for competitive shooters. My Steam account ended up getting hacked and all my friends were removed. I never found him again, so I stole his name and shortened it. Partly in honor of him and partly because I thought it was cool.
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? I’d talked a bit about streaming with my flatmate, and we both agreed to just try it out at some point. I’d just finished my final semester for the year, so it was the perfect time to start as my days would be quite free, and I could essentially adopt a full-time schedule.
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? I’d already been watching a variety of streams on Twitch, and recognized it as the “main” platform with the biggest audience. However, I like that other platforms such as Mixer are making their own mark.
- How long have you been a streamer? I started in January 2017, but had to take a few months off to focus on my studies. I started streaming again in late June and have recently devoted a lot more time to my stream.
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? I’m currently a student at a University in Scotland. I study an applied Computer Science course with a focus on Games Programming.
- What are your favorite games to play? Ironically, the games I enjoy playing the most are the ones that I don’t stream. Anything with a great single-player campaign usually ticks all the boxes for me, e.g. Wolfenstein, Mount & Blade, Dragon’s Dogma. I’m also partial to anything with super grindy gameplay elements, such as Black Desert or Path of Exile.
- What are your favorite games to stream? The main game that I stream currently is Rocket League. At times I find the game quite frustrating, but my favourite part about streaming this game is the interactivity I get with my chat. I love seeing people’s reactions whenever I (occasionally) make a great play, and the same whenever I manage to score an impossible own goal.
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? If looking to relax, I recommend Stardew Valley. I play it mainly to wind down and de-stress, and it’s great to just sink a few hours into (they go by quickly, trust me). If you’re looking for something more competitive, then my personal pick would be Overwatch, especially if you enjoy playing shooters. The game is fun to learn, and it’s nice to see yourself improving and climbing the ranks. If you find yourself getting mad at any point, switch over to some Stardew. Rinse, repeat.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? For the longest time, there was barely anyone showing up to my stream. However, I would play games as though there was someone constantly watching, and commentate no matter if anyone was there or not. Because of this, I never found it too difficult to talk to people, but I still worry whether people are enjoying the stream. I’m constantly looking for ways to improve upon what I have. I find myself most at ease when my viewers are also at ease.
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? I was a Top 500 support main in the EU Overwatch servers, and a former Grand Champion Rocket League player. Although I like to provide quality gameplay, this isn’t the main focus of my stream. My priority is to have fun and interact with those in my chat.
His channel is twitch.tv/n0me_ so don’t wait, come on over and chat with us in chat. And tell him you found him through my blog. That’ll make him smile.