More and more streamers are popping up in my recommended list on Twitch who catch my attention by their name or the games they are playing, from raiding others with current streamers I follow, and by finding them through Twitter. Yes, they are on Twitter. I ran into this next streamer through the recommended list from Twitch and sat in their stream a few times. He is a really nice guy! I have said it before and I will say it again; I love finding nice laid back streamers, and this guy fits in that category. Seriously, he is very welcoming and has a lot of fun with the games he plays and while chatting with his community. I am so glad to introduce you all to him and hope you join stream sometime.
1. What is your Twitch name?
2. Is there a special reason you chose that name?
I wanted something unique and meme-y, I was listening to take on me, the song was singing ”taaaaaake ooonnn-” as my wife shouted upstairs at me and the name just came from there!
3. Why did you become a Twitch streamer?
I had a period of feeling very down and bummed out most of the time. I was working 6 days a week and sleeping if not there. My brother had just started twitch, so I decided to give it a shot!
4. Why did you choose to stream on Twitch and not another streaming platform?
I didn’t really know of any others when I started, but I did look when I realised I loved making content. The twitch community however is something that’s difficult to want to get away from!
5. How long have you been a streamer?
Around 2 1/2 years now.
6. Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job?
I have a full-time job, I’m a CAD designer/admin assistant for a construction company.
7. What are your favorite games to play?
I currently play black ops cold war on stream, but my favourite games overall tend to be story driven RPG games like Final Fantasy.
8. What are your favorite games to stream? Do you only stream games or do you stream anything else?
I’d love to grow my following back to a point where I can have call of duty and community games like jackbox/among us with my viewers.
One of my favourites of 2020 was revisiting Final Fantasy 8 and 9. If you’re into RPG games, I’d highly recommend those two. And you don’t need to play the others before them to understand the story!
10. Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming?
By trade, I’m actually most qualified in hospitality, specifically the hotel sector, so talking to viewers wasn’t that hard as I’d just imagine what I’d say to customers!
11. Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or about your Twitch channel?
I’ve recently had an 8 month break during a hard time balancing 3 jobs, but now I’m back to one full-time job I’m live Tuesdays 7pm GMT, Thursdays 6pm GMT (during lockdown) and Saturdays at 8pm GMT. My community is accepting and friendly, I’m so proud to be able to say we’re an accepting and loving community regardless of gender/race/pronouns.
12. What are the links for your Twitch channel and any other channel you would love my readers to know or follow?
Go follow him on his media channels that are linked above, get to know him, and jump into his stream once in a while to see him at work playing his games. I am really liking the recommended list since it has led me to some fun streamers, including TakeOnMike. Join us in a stream just once and you will see what a cool streamer and person he is and you will definitely want to follow his streams then.