And the fun never ceases with these streamers. Whether here in the states with me or in other countries, they are human beings, breathing, feeling, and working just like us but this time in a different way as they are known as gamers! A hugely growing group who wants to share their love of games with us.
- What is your Twitch name? My twitch name is Petieken
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? The reason I chose this name is because friends at high school called me Petieken, it’s a nickname I got back then because my last name is Petit and it got stuck with me since then.
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? I became a streamer because I like games and chatting with people. Interacting with people while playing games is the most fun thing to do while streaming. Plus other streamers I watch got me into streaming as well.
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? I found Twitch because of friends telling me to check out some streamers so I did and I liked how everything worked on Twitch. And I have followed a lot of good streamers on there since I found out about it.
- How long have you been a streamer? That’s a hard one. I started streaming around 2 years ago I think but it was more for testing it out. I did not stream like I do now and my pc was not that good as well for streaming back then. I got back into streaming since the beginning of this year because of streamers I check out a lot and some saying I should try it out again.
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? Currently I only stream, I had a job before but I’ve been without a job for a while but still trying to find one. It also helps that people support me on my channel and the twitch affiliate program helps too.
- What are your favorite games to play? My favorite games to play are story based games. Most games I like are point and click adventure or action/adventure games because they got a lot of story in them. For example Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Tomb Raider, Uncharted and Assassin’s Creed series. Some other games I really like are Portal 1 and 2 because puzzle games are fun but I like a lot of genres, these are just one of my favorites. There are just too many games to name really.
- What are your favorite games to stream? My favorite games to stream are just the ones I really like to play like the games and genres I named in previous question. Racing games, 2D platform games and co-op/multiplayer games I stream in between too.
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? I really recommend playing the Assassin’s Creed games if you like story in games and exploring an open world. I’m just a big fan of the series. If you like puzzle games, I recommend Portal 1 and 2 because the story and puzzles are just amazing.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? At the start, it was a bit weird to talk to people chatting to you while playing games but I got used to it pretty fast. Not many would say it but I am really a shy person but streaming made me less shy. I’m still improving on that and trying to entertain with the games I play. It took me a bit until I became at ease with streaming. But that is something that improves over time.
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? Some stuff that I can say about my channel is it’s Team Fortress 2 themed, a game I really love and played a lot of. I’m a variety streamer so I play many games. Something I really love to do besides playing games is to go outside for long walks, sightseeing and all that stuff a lot. So traveling is one of my favorite things to do as well and I also take lots of photos when I go out or go on vacation so you can say that’s one of my other hobbies maybe.
Wish to discuss more about the games mentioned or even talk to him about his photos and what is his favorite things in nature to take photos of, please join him at twitch.tv/petieken.