There are many people who think that playing games are just a waste of time and there is no point to them. Well that isn’t true! At any age, playing games can be relaxing, fun, and give you a moment to catch your breath while living such a hectic life. And even watching streamers can give you the same benefits. You can lurk, watch, chat, and get things done. I usually write while watching a streamer, like this next streamer!
- What is your Twitch name And
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? My Twitch name is Thunderbrew53. I used Thunderbrew53 because a friend of mine in World of Warcraft created an Enhancement Shaman Dwarf named Stormbrew, so I made his brother Thunderbrew. Thunderbrew was taken on Twitch so I add 53 because that was my jersey number when I played football in High School.
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? A friend of mine introduced me to Twitch streamers a few years ago. She watched streamers that would stream WoW gold making techniques then I was hooked watching streams and had long considered streaming. I then just dipped my big toe into streaming a few times then stopped because I was uncomfortable at the time being on camera.
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? I was hooked watching twitch streams and discovered it was the largest platform for streaming so I wanted to use twitch due to the fact that so many people used/viewed twitch and there were twitch streamers I enjoyed watching and wanted to be part of the community overall.
- How long have you been a streamer? I’ve been streaming seriously for just about 4 months to the day. I think I started streaming everyday on March 26th. Before that I only tried it a couple of times.
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? I stream approx. 2 hours a day during my work week and then more on my days off, Sun/Mon. I have a full-time job as a Las Vegas Casino Security Officer. I’ve lived in Las Vegas since August of 2001.
- What are your favorite games to play? And
- What are your favorite games to stream? My favorite games to play and stream are World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm and American Truck Simulator.
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? World of Warcraft is my favorite game and pretty much everyone knows about it or has played it. World of Warcraft takes a certain level of commitment that not everyone is willing to give. WoW is very involved and has tons of content and I would recommend that for anyone who enjoys MMOs. Heroes of the Storm is fun and anyone can start from scratch and have fun, and is tied in with the Blizzard Universe. I enjoy American Truck Simulator because it set in California, Nevada and Arizona. I’m from California and I live in Nevada so I’m familiar with the areas. I don’t think it’s a game for everyone but it’s a relaxing game.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? At first, I didn’t turn on my camera and it felt weird, like I was talking to myself. But after time and encouragement from friends visiting the stream, I got comfortable after a few days. I turned on my camera after about 3 or 4 days when I got comfortable talking in stream. I made sure that I streamed everyday for at least 28 days to create the habit of streaming.
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? I’m a pretty regular dude. I work, I eat, I play games, I sleep. I’m turning 55 years old in September, so that makes me rare in the gaming/streaming community because of my age. I’m a confirmed bachelor, so I’m forever single and I have no children. I have all the time I want to play and stream. I have a 14-year-old cat named Marble who is my semi-co-streamer when he’s in his office chair. Most of the time he sleeps in the sun in the afternoons or is in my lap. My stream is a Tropical Vacation theme. A place to chill out and relax. I’m a laid back streamer for the most part, unless I get salty playing Heroes of the Storm. I’m at my best when I have chat to interact with. I tend to not talk enough when there is no chat activity. I’m just a dude playing the games and thought that streaming them would be fun and I could make some friends (and I’ve made some really good friends).
Want to meet this great streamer and his co-streamer kitty, Marble? Well you can if you go to the Twitch website and search for twitch.tv/thunderbrew53.