I was excited when I found out that one of my friends was a twitch streamer and now I follow her on twitch where I can chat with her besides on Facebook and have some fun watching her play games. She is an amazing lady who isn’t just a great gamer but she is a great person. So here she is and I hope you enjoy meeting a friend of mine.
- What is your twitch name?
2. Is there a reason why you chose that name?
Yeah, I am deaf, and I enjoy playing games. It helps bring awareness to those of us who are deaf and still enjoy playing games.
3. Why did you become a Twitch Streamer?
I decided to start streaming because I originally tried to just post videos on youtube, but lacked the knowledge of editing. I also wanted more interaction with people while I streamed, because videos alone seemed too impersonal.
4. Why did you become a streamer for Twitch?
I chose Twitch over the other platforms based on growth potential. In order to be make any kind of money, you need 1,000 subs on youtube. Had not looked into mixer before I found twitch. With twitch It was easier to network with other streamers on twitch, wich seems to be more open and accepting of supporting each other.
5. How long have you been a streamer?
I started streaming October 10th 2017, so almost 13 months.
6. Do you only stream or do you have another job? And if you’re comfortable saying what, what is your other job?
I only stream, it is my full time job. I take it very serious.
7. What do you stream mostly? Games? Creative? Another category on Twitch?
I mostly stream games. I did do one creative stream, which was met with mixed reviews.
8. What are your favorite games to play if you play games as well?
I generally play Dead by Daylight. I also play a lot of Jackbox games, which my viewers love, because it allows them to interact with me on a more personal level.
9. Do you ever stream games on Twitch?
I stream a lot of games, only on twitch.
10. Do you have any games you’d like to recommend to my readers to play and why?
One of my favorite games to play is Dead by Daylight. It is a horror game style, that is asymmetrical. It is a fully multiplayer based game, that allows for a group of 4 survivors to go against 1 killer. For me, the game is different each time I play it, which keeps it interesting.
11. Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming?
I was a little awkward at first, more because I didn’t know what to expect. Overall, I have been playing video games with other people for a really long time, and used to talking to people. It was more me talking to empty space that was strange. Even though there was text chatting happening, I still felt strange to have no voice responding to me. I can’t really define a time I became at ease with it, as there are still days I am super awkward, but I kind of keep it within character.
12. Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel?
A lot of people are under the misconception that being deaf means I have 0 hearing. They do not, or cannot grasp the differences within each individual deaf person. My goal as a streamer, and a gamer, is to show people the differences between myself, and my type of deafness, and other gamer/streamers who has different types of deafness. None of us allow or handicap be a handicap, we each have come up with ways to overcome issues we may have within our game play. I hope your readers will not be afraid to ask questions. I am always open to answering them, either live on stream, or over discord or other platforms.
Like I said an amazing woman and a great streamer. She doesn’t let anything stop her from streaming and it makes her even more awesome in my eyes. Here is the link to her Twitch Channel so go hang out with her. I think it’s worth it.