I feel that the first blog went very well and I am enjoying this series. Great people to talk to and get to know and for you the reader to possibly become as addicted to the website as I have become. So with that said, let’s move on to our next streamer. I believe that this streamer is the third streamer that I have followed, having found him through the streamer mentioned in the first blog, he being my second streamer to ever follow.
- What is your Twitch name? Twitch name is MarcosMVP
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? I took some time to pick a name, I thought about all of the typical gamer names for a channel but settled on my own name, simplest option really. People think the MVP in my name means Most Valuable Player, but it’s actually just my initials.
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? I became a Twitch streamer quite by chance. I would play a lot of multiplayer games like Counter Strike and World of Warcraft. I would make people laugh all of the time and people would ask me if I was a streamer. After being asked so many times, I decided to give it a try.
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? Twitch was always the obvious platform for me, I don’t see YouTube as a stream platform, at least in my mind.
- How long have you been a streamer? I have been streaming for almost a year now. I think my anniversary is sometime in September.
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? I stream in my free time, the rest of the time I work in construction in Switzerland…exciting I know.
- What are your favorite games to play? I really enjoy games that have a good story to them, something that pull at my emotions and engages my audience. The only downside to that is most games are one-shot and can’t be played over and over again.
- What are your favorite games to stream? As stated before story based games like: What Remains of Edith Finch, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, etc. The rest of the time, i like to include my community in my shenanigans with multiplayer games like Overwatch and PlayerUnknowns’ Battlegrounds.
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? I recommend you try a bit of everything and find what makes you happiest, be it a community game or just something that makes you keep coming back for more.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? When I first started, I was awkward and quiet, most of the time I didn’t know where to look or even what I should do with my hands, oh the memories. When you start, you honestly don’t really have any viewers to talk to and it can be disheartening at times. After a few days or weeks, people start to show up and the dialogue starts to flow naturally. Just hang in there.
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? If you are going to stream, do it for yourself and the love of what you’re doing, be it the gaming or the entertainment part. If you go in thinking that you are going to be rich, you’ve already lost as your audience will see right through you. Just have fun.
If you would like to see MarcosMVP in action, please visit his channel at twitch.tv/marcosmvp. He is definitely worth a watch!