I am very happy to be able to begin with you a journey into the lives of streamers from Twitch as well as from all over the world. I have asked several streamers and will continue to ask and add more blogs on streamers as long as streamers wish to be blogged about. So without further ado here is the Streamers Series first streamer!
- What is your Twitch name? I’m known as LetsRemax on Twitch
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? No peculiar reason. I’ve used the name Remax for ages online but when creating my account on Twitch it was already being used. So in a way to “restart” and “maximize” my online presence, I went with Lets Re Max…or maybe I just wanted Remax and needed something extra, we will never know. 😉
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? After a 2 year relationship breakup, I was sometimes really depressed and bored and spent most of my days playing games for myself and not really interacting IRL with people, dark times. One random night, I saw a YouTuber that I used to follow do a stream on Twitch and instantly fell in love with the whole concept. After a few different jumps to other cool streams and seeing them have fun with their community, I decided that I wanted it as well. It has helped me improve my English, help me get past my sadness, and found myself a new hobby and thanks to Twitch, I’ve met some of the best people I today call friends.
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? I’ve heard of other platforms where people could stream like Livestreamer, Owned3D, or XSplit, but Twitch was the only one that offered a clear view that is was FOR Gaming Content and had a tight control over what was being broadcast (Only Game Content). Most other sites had a tiny gaming area and were overall very confusing to set up or find what you wanted. I’ve always found what I wanted over at Twitch and that is why I choose to be a streamer for this Platform. Plus the community is dope and I like that.
- How long have you been a streamer? I started streaming around mid 2013
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? Streaming is and probably will remain a hobby. I have a full-time job as an Apple Service Technician.
- What are your favorite games to play? I‘m a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda series, so I’m always replaying those. Next to that, I enjoy playing Overwatch, Final Fantasy 14, and occasionally Rocket League.
- What are your favorite games to stream? TBH I don’t have a “fix” game I stream, but I tend to play games that are very story driven where I can chill and interact with the Family (family being my Twitch friends and Community.)
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? Life Is Strange, great decision based game with a heavy story and a great soundtrack, also Life Is Strange 2 just got announced where we will finally get some answers to a certain event in LIS. Next to that, I would recommend the Tell Tale Series, there are so many that one will definitely find a game they enjoy.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? The first couple of streams were really awkward you kinda get a little panic attack when you see that first message in your chat. In my case, I used to just answer and not really engage with the person, I was still new and kinda shy. With time however you get used to and start to build up confidence, especially if the viewer is also engaging in the chat it gets better. I can’t really say how ling it took…it kinda did to be honest.
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? My goal in streaming is to have fun and meeting new people. So if you want to have a chill moment and hopefully a good time, check out my channel over at twitch.tv/letsremax or hit me up on twitter.com/letsremax.
Thank you, Lacey for the opportunity to introduce myself and I hope to see some new lovely faces for me to greet. – Cheers, Remax