It’s always great getting to know other people and those who stream so I am glad that you, reader, have continued on this adventure with me. Shall we learn more together?
- What is your Twitch name? GoosieJuice
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? At some point, for whatever reason, my nephew went through a phase of calling me ‘Goose’, I literally have no damned idea why. But, because of that I started twitch and knew that I wanted to have a fun name; and somehow stumbled on GoosieJuice. I used to have Juice in some of my older game tags that date back a while, it made sense to stick the new name with the old name, so I did.
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? As stupid as it may sound, I literally did it because…well, why not? I was going to be playing games on my computer anyway, may as well stream it and see what happens. I had and still have no expectations with it, I just ride the wave. And I have to say I’m so glad I did, I have a few regulars and I’d happily keep streaming just for them (don’t tell them that though, and if you’re reading avert your damned eyes) cos it’ll go to their heads, ya’know?
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? I stumbled across Twitch a few years ago when I was at university after I’d been watching Own3d.tv (I think that was its name) for a while and I was hooked. I started streaming on there simply because it was the platform I stumbled across that just…worked for me, that, and that I’d put the most time into it (viewership-wise); it just felt like home. The community seemed great and I enjoyed my time lurking (big time lurkey turkey) in people’s channels.
- How long have you been a streamer? Ermm..I should really pay more attention, around 9ish months? Waiting for my child support payments off twitch. I didn’t really have a schedule for a long ass time and didn’t put too much effort into it. I’m a pretty relaxed dude, so it might still seem like I don’t if you watch my broadcasts, but I am constantly thinking about it and talking with my community.
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? I have a full-time job as well as streaming to twitch as much as I can. I work in data, I work on a companies’ ERP system; updating databases as well as working with E-commerce teams and multiple branches to make sure products are up to date in prices and other information. It’s classed as a data specialist title as it includes small bits of data entry along with more complex aspects.
- What are your favorite games to play? I don’t have any specific genres, I just pick up a game and if I like it, I like it. I don’t watch trailers or read reviews; I usually just see an image or something and think ‘hell yeah, I’m playing that!’ Or my viewers recommend them to me. That being said I am quite partial to MMO and horror games. MMO because, hey, playing with people is fun as shizz and I like the challenge of starting with nothing and working your way up; and horrors because it’s hilarious to be scared.
- What are your favorite games to stream? I haven’t done many, but I really enjoyed streaming horror games; viewers love watching people be scared and I kinda like getting clips of me being terrified because you don’t realize how you react to situations as they’re playing it to you at the time. I like streaming anything to be honest, I don’t limit myself. I’ll look at a game and think ‘can I interact with my viewers whilst I’m playing that?’ If I can, I’m gonna stream it, if I can’t, I won’t.
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? Hmm, that’s a super tough answer. I could drone on for days about games that I liked. I’ll list some of my top games that I feel everyone should play at least once, I won’t go into detail on them because I want people to reach the end of the interview without wanting to give up all hopes on life. In no particular order: 1) Resident Evil 2, 2) Crypt of the Necrodancer, 3) Final Fantasy XIV (MM0), 4) Sunless Sea, 5) The Last of Us, 6) Silent Hill 1 & 2, 7) The Legacy of Kain Series, 8) Zelda Games (pretty broad, I know), 9) Hogs of War, and 10) Monkey Island Series.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? To be honest, no. I had no issue with talking to viewers; I had my first viewer after a stream or two, and he’s stuck with me ever since and that’s pretty bad ass. To put it bluntly, I’ve always been a shit talker in the sense that I just blabber on. I found that if you just talk to yourself constantly like a whacko, that people’ll show up and bounce off what you say. The only thing that threw me a little with streaming was using a webcam. I have no issue with how I look or anything; I just always felt as though it was unnecessary, I want to see as much of the game as possible and have no issue watching cam-less streamers on twitch. Obviously I decided in using a camera in the end, so no more streaming in my pants; but that’s fine…I guess…
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? Hmm, first of all I’ll say that I’ve been inspired by a few people on twitch more than anyone else (that doesn’t mean I don’t watch other people, just that something with them clicked for me). Those people are: Elajjaz, BikeMan, Spamfish, MathasGames(I know he’s mainly YouTube) and ManVsGame. They are phenomenal broadcasters and have given me countless hours of entertainment and just how they conduct themselves on stream helped to solidify how I am when I broadcast. None of them ‘act’, they’re all just themselves broadcasting gameplay and interacting; I’m down for that, I never had any intention of being anyone other than me and seeing these dudes do it just spurs me on even more. If you haven’t watched them, I couldn’t recommend them enough; I wish I had enough dollary-doos to sub to everyone, but I don’t so I support with viewership when I can. As for me myself, I’m a realist and as such that carries into my stream. I want everyone that comes in to have a good time, myself included. There isn’t really a structure to how the stream works, I start broadcasting, my viewers and regulars berate me, then there are tons of weird ass conversations. I like to think my community is very ‘warts and all’. If I dislike things, we talk about it; if viewers dislike things, we talk about it; if we like things we definitely talk about it. I won’t bore readers with anything else, if you want to find out more about the stream then either find me on Twooter or just drop in and have a butcher at what’s going on.
If you’d like to see him gaming and have fun in his chat, then please look him up on Twitch at twitch.tv/goosiejuice. And in case you didn’t know, Twooter is Twitter.
Please follow and like us: