I enjoy meeting the streamers and it’s so inspiring to meet the women who love to game and even more fun meeting those women who stream while playing games and showing the world who she is and what she can do.
- What is your Twitch name? HeroineB0B
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? Heroine Bob is my roller derby name and my derby number at the time was B0B (derby rules have changed, so letters are no longer allowed. My new number is 666), so HeroineB0B worked.
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? and
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? It was unintentional. I received a PS4 for Christmas, and didn’t get around to playing anything until February due to my work schedule. I was playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and the game had me use pretty much every button except the “share” button, and I wanted to know what it did. I pressed the share button and it asked me to pick a service. Back then it only gave me two options, Twitch and Ustream. Twitch was the first option, so I made a Twitch profile still thinking this had something to do with Dragon Age. Suddenly my game screen changed and after a bit people were chatting to me.
- How long have you been a streamer? That first stream was on February 25, 2015
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? I work full-time as a Chief Financial Officer for a company.
- What are your favorite games to play? Survival and Rogue-likes, but I rarely stream them.
- What are your favorite games to stream? Sandbox RPGs
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? Rogue Like Survival – Curious Expedition, This War of Mine, Flame in the Flood – All have unique and interesting graphic style, and are very challenging.
Sandbox RPGs – Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 – three different worlds, but with equal abilities to get lost for hours without actually doing anything and have fun the entire time. Horror – Until Dawn – a great choose your own horror game and The Last of Us – because great story and game play except the swimming.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? The first stream was rough because it was 100% creepy thirsty trolls, but I figured out how to TO/ban and it has been a pleasure ever since. I never had an issue talking to people, because I’ve always be in Customer Service, plus roller derby killed my personal space bubble, so talking to people has never been a problem.
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? You do not have to be good at video games to stream, because I’m terrible at them. I give the same trite advice as everyone else does: make a schedule, be consistent, be yourself, Never stop talking, and play what you love. There are a few successful character streamers (Dr.Disrespectful, FuturemanGaming, SherriffEli,) but I feel like people connect more and become more invested in yourself and your stream when you aren’t putting on airs. There are also plenty of successful streamers that only play and stream one game, and if you aren’t a SpeedRunner or MLG that can burn you out fast. I’m just really happy that I’ve found a little home on the interwebs.
Want to meet her “in person”, then go to her channel at twitch.tv/herioneb0b. She’s great at streaming. I’ve lurked a few times in her streams and look forward to doing it more. She’s a lot of fun.