Wow so many streamers and I am starting to almost forget what part I’m on. I better make notes! And so should you, if you ever want to come back to these and find more great streamers to follow on Twitch.
- What is your Twitch name? My Twitch name is mbalmerswife.
Is there a special reason you chose that name? Yes, my husband is an embalmer, and his email address starts with mbalmer, so I just added on a possessive “s” and “wife.” Basically its embalmers wife.
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? I had been watching a Twitch streamer by the name of BigDaddyDen76 (www.twitch.tv/bigdaddyden76) and saw how much fun he had streaming and the support from the community he received. I thought it looked like fun and a good way to help pass the time while my kids are in school, off to camp etc so I started doing it one day.
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? Honestly, I didn’t know of any other places to stream games.
- How long have you been a streamer? I have no idea really. Is there a way to check that? My account was made in 2015, I want to say I started streaming in April of 2017 maybe.
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? I am a full-time parent to three boys ages ranging from 7-11. I stream on the side whenever they are at school or off somewhere with Cub Scouts. I don’t really stream if they are home.
- What are your favorite games to play? As far as a genre goes, I like RPG games and FPS. Titles include World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Elder Scrolls, The Sims 4, Bioshock Trilogy, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead, Silent Hill, Resident Evil etc. I also like card and table top games like Magic: The Gathering, Pathfinder and Quelf.
- What are your favorite games to stream? My favorite game to stream is World Of Warcraft!
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? I would recommend World of Warcraft, simply because it’s been a way that my family and friends have been able to play together given everyone’s busy schedules. Also, for board games, if you’ve never played Quelf you must! It’s a silly game for silly people and SO much fun to play together. I’ve played games where people have to speak like Darth Vader when it’s not their turn, play from underneath the coffee table and make a scuba mask out of household items. It’s so much fun!
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? Not really, I usually talk to myself when I play games so it’s nice to have people to talk back and interact with my endless ramblings. Once I got my bot worked out. I’d watched BigDaddyDen stream for about 2 years before I began streaming so it felt really easy to transition from viewer to streamer.
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? I’m a huge Doctor Who fan and my stream is decorated to reflect such. I’m fairly new to streaming and so I have a very small fan base. If you enjoy watching silly game play, listening to ramblings about world quests, or you just like having fun you should stop by my stream sometime! School starts back so I’ll be on more often!
If you would like to chat with her about her games, or about school and being a parent, hike on over to her channel twitch.tv/mbalmerswife. I know she would love to meet new people.
Please follow and like us: