As I’ve stated before, go find the newer streamers, sit and relax on your couch, and have fun chatting with them. They need your support just as much as those who have a lot of followers/viewers. So why not help out the new comers to the world of streamers? Or even become a streamer yourself? I’d follow you just like I follow all of these great streamers.
- What is your Twitch name? MrShadowPro, call me Shadow.
- Is there a special reason you chose that name? (No one knows this, so this is big insider knowledge.) When I tried out YouTube around 5 years ago I chose my name as ‘TheShadowProtocol’ (mouth full I know.) When I was making a Twitter account to accompany it, I decided it would be too long and so shortened it to ‘TheShadowPro’ then this account was hacked so I changed to ‘MrShadowPro.’ This has ended up turning into my username for almost anything and so became my Twitch name when I created the account. Long story, I know.
- Why did you become a Twitch Streamer? I’ve watched a lot of gaming content over the past 7-8 years on YouTube and Twitch, and wanted to try out streaming myself, as it seemed very fun. BadBadRobot was the main influence in me starting streaming, as he is someone I have watched him for a long, long time and he always seemed to enjoy streaming no matter what.
- Why did you choose to stream for Twitch? Twitch is perfectly optimized for streaming (obviously, it is a streaming platform) especially for gaming and so it is really the only place I see as a good option to use for it. Also, I have acquired a good amount of friends through Twitch over the years and so it wouldn’t be the same without these people on a different platform.
- How long have you been a streamer? Around 3 months, I have tried it out before but it never lasted. This time, I am thoroughly enjoying it however.
- Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job? I work part-time in a performance theatre whilst in school, I make no money from Twitch at the moment so it is just another hobby right now.
- What are your favorite games to play? My favorite two sets of games are the Elder Scrolls series and the Pokemon games, so I occasionally go back and play some of those, with my favorites being Oblivion from TES and Emerald from Pokemon. As well as those, I am very much into the sport of Football (or Soccer to all you Americans) and so I play a lot of a game called Football Manager, which allows you to simulate being the manager of a real Football team. I also enjoy playing a lot of multiplayer games such as Overwatch, Rocket League and Rainbow Six Siege with friends.
- What are your favorite games to stream? I mostly enjoy playing single player story based games where I can interact with chat without worrying about missing something in a fast paced multiplayer game. However, I do also like to stream multiplayer games such as Overwatch and Rocket League where the chat still has something good to watch but where there are gaps in which I can have conversations with people.
- Do you have any games that you would like to recommend to my readers to play and why? The only game I recommend to people is one that a lot of people have already played, and that is Life is Strange. I didn’t have great hopes going into this due to the simplistic graphics however it ended up being my favorite story telling game ever. The character interaction is amazing and the storyline has so many unexpected twists and turns that you just cannot stop playing. If you have not yet played this, I would highly recommend it. You will not regret it, for such an amazing game it is relatively cheap too. I am thoroughly excited for the before the storm prequel coming out later this year, and I would say that you should experience both games.
- Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming? To be honest, I’m quite a chatty person to begin with. I’m from a place in England where everyone is friendly and you can end up speaking to random people everyday, so speaking to people who I’m not even face to face with was not much of a task for me. It was not so much any nervousness, but it is a strange concept to get over in your first few streams speaking to people who you can’t see or hear but can only read what they type. I did get over this quite quickly however, and I love hanging out with chat. Not having a big follower base at all means that I don’t get a lot in chat usually but I try to be as welcoming as possible whenever someone stops by.
- Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or your channel on Twitch? I’m a small streamer from England who likes having fun and just having a good time whilst streaming. If you do ever come across my channel and pop in I hope you enjoy what you see and feel welcomed. I try to act how I’d want my community to act, welcoming and kind. I respond to everything I see in chat, so if you ever want to ask any questions about me or my channel then I’ll be very happy to answer.
I have gone to his stream now a few times and I definitely enjoyed hanging gout with im and those in his chat. He is one of those laid back guys that is always ready for a good chat while playing a good game. Go to his channel and see for yourself at twitch.tv/mrshadowpro.
Please follow and like us: