Now we will come to find out more about Samantha in her other role as Twitch Streamer. I haven’t caught her stream yet but I can’t wait to sneak in there and watch her, surprise her and all. I hope you will join me in jumping into her stream whenever her stream goes live. I definitely want to watch the author become a gamer.
1. What is your Twitch name?
It’s just my name — SamNicklaus.
2. Is there a special reason you chose that name?
No special reason, it was just simple to use.
3. Why did you become a Twitch streamer?
I love playing video games, even though I’m not the best at them. I enjoy talking and interacting with people– especially during Covid when it is harder to see loved ones. This was a good way to combine the two!
4. Why did you choose to stream on Twitch and not another streaming platform?
Twitch was something I was the most familiar with, in terms of a streaming platform. There are a few people I follow that made me feel confident I could learn Twitch, eventually!
5. How long have you been a streamer?
I’ve been streaming for a few months, though not always consistently. That should change in the new year, however. I plan on streaming (just about) every Thursday night.
6. Do you only stream or do you have another job? If you are comfortable in telling my readers, what is your other job?
I work a 9-to-5 for a software company here in Orlando, working in sales. So I talk a lot during the day!
7. What are your favorite games to play?
I love micromanaging games like Stardew Valley, the Sims, and Roller Coaster Tycoon. However, I also enjoy things like Skyrim, Smite, and Left 4 Dead. So there is a healthy mix.
8. What are your favorite games to stream? Do you only stream games or do you stream anything else?
So far, the feedback on Stardew Valley and the Sims has been my favorite. Having people help make decisions and give input has been really fun for me.
9. Do you have any games you would recommend my readers to play, and why?
Stardew Valley is a great one. It’s simple, relaxing, and getting updates all the time.
10. Was it hard to talk to your viewers when you first became a streamer? How long before you became at ease with streaming?
Like I said, I work in sales. This has actually been a nice form of cross training for me! Getting to talk, take direction, collaborate, and getting more confident with these skills has been really fun over the last few months.
11. Would you like to tell my readers anything else about yourself or about your Twitch channel?
I stream most Thursdays, so come over and hang out! I talk about video games, writing, and life in general. It’s a really great way to chat with different people.
12. What are the links for your Twitch channel and any other channel you would love my readers to know or follow?
You can follow me on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/samnicklaus
Or my author website: Samantha Nicklaus | Author
Author and Streamer, making her a well rounded amazing person ready to go on adventures and take you with her, whether through her books or through her games. Like I said before, I can’t wait to catch her streams when I can. I just found her on Twitch and followed her so I can hopefully catch her next stream and chat with her while watching her play her games. Check out her streams, check out her author page, check out her other blog interview, and of course check out her books. Samantha, thank you for doing both of the interviews with me. I truly appreciate it and so glad that you were interested in doing the interviews with me. I really enjoyed getting to know you as an author and a streamer.