Turn your work in progress into a jukebox musical. A jukebox musical is a musical that features hit songs of popular music genres.
Answer the questions given.
I do enjoy musicals from time to time, though not many jukebox musicals, but I am not sure about making Secret School (or Azriel High) into a jukebox musical. But I will give it a try for this exercise. But I am not writing a whole musical, just answering the questions. I do have to say thanks to my husband, Ryan, for helping me find a few songs for this one. I had a hard time coming up with anything at first.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- What musical is it most similar to?
- What’s the first song your protagonist sings?
- Who is the love interest? What is their signature song?
- Who is the rival? What is their signature song?
- What’s the best dance number?
My Jukebox Musical Answers
- I am thinking that maybe a mixture of Grease (because it is in high school), and I have no idea since there aren’t really many jukebox musicals that have fighting in them. I only picked Grease because they are in high school and there is a quarrel but not as bad as demon fighting. So this one would have to be made into a jukebox musical.
- The first song that Scout would since would be Count On Me by Bruno Mars because she is reliable and always wants her friends and everyone else remember that they can rely on her.
- Her love interest is the new boy on campus, Shawn. His signature song would be Demons by Imagine Dragons because he wants to keep others, especially Scout safe from himself and real life demons.
- The rival is the Ashmoday demon. His signature song would be Emperor’s New Clothes by Panic! At The Disco because this demon wants nothing more than to destroy the demon hunters and take over the world.
- The best dance number would be the fight between the teen demon hunters fighting demons at Prom and the song the would fight to would be The Vengeful One by Disturbed.